Logan County’s Beggars’ Night has been postponed until Saturday night from 6 to 7:30.
West Liberty will host trick or treating Saturday from 5 to 6:30.
Trunk or Treating is still on at the First Church of God in Bellefontaine. The family-friendly event will be indoors tonight from 6 to 8. It will offer candy for kids, inflatables for the little ones, free soda, popcorn, and hot dogs.
Trunk or Treating is still on tonight at the Galilee Lutheran Church on Lincoln Boulevard in Russells Point from 6 to 7:30.
Local authorities will have extra personnel on patrol but ask the community to help them by following these safety tips:
1. Have children wear light-colored clothing that's short enough to prevent tripping. Reflective tape also works.
2. Make sure children can see well through masks or make up.
3. Keep costume children away from pets. Pets may not recognize the child and become frightened.
4. Avoid using hard plastic or wood props such as daggers or swords; substitute with cardboard, foam rubber, or other soft and flexible material.
5. Trick or treat in groups of 4 or 5 and have adults accompany young children.
6. Go out in daylight hours during established times and carry a flashlight in case of delay.
7. Stay within the neighborhood and only visit homes you know.
8. Motorists should use extra caution when driving during this time; pedestrians need to watch out for traffic.
9. Have headlights and emergency flashers on if you're following a group of kids via car.
10.. Only give and accept wrapped or packaged candy; have adults examine all candy before allowing children to eat it.
11. Contact your local law enforcement agency immediately should you encounter any suspicious candy or activity.