Two families were displaced by a structure fire at an east side apartment complex Saturday night around 11:10.
The Bellefontaine Fire Department responded to Jennifer Johnson's residence at 300 Shady Lane Drive.
Assistant Chief T.J. Weikart said the cause was unattended cooking oil.
There was fire damage in the kitchen and dining room along with smoke damage throughout the apartment.
The blaze also displaced the family at 302 Shady Lane Drive.
The fire caused about $32,000 worth of damage to the structure and contents.
The Tri-Valley Fire Department assisted at the scene.
No one was injured and fire crews were on scene for about four hours.
The Logan County Chapter of the American Red Cross provided emergency assistance to both families.
Cooking is the top cause of residential fires nationwide.
The apartment complex is owned by Jim Everson of Columbus.