The First Christian Church, located at 215 East Sandusky Avenue, is celebrating the 160th anniversary of the organization of the congregation in Bellefontaine.
Originally called the Church of Christ, in the year 1852 the small congregation met in a building at 140 East Columbus Avenue.
First Christian is part of the Disciples of Christ, originally organized by Alexander Campbell and Barton Stone in 1832 in the Lexington, Kentucky area.
Each Sunday in October has been designated to reflect on a different aspect of the church’s history: The Ministry, Music, Sunday school, and Outreach.
The Reverend F. Michael Valentine, current Pastor of the Church, is celebrating five years with the congregation this year.
The anniversary committee would appreciate any old pictures or historical information from members of the community. Please call the church at 592-8656.